Please note: Ensure that you read your terms and conditions thoroughly when signing your contract as they may vary according to suppliers. Below are just general guidelines. We have taken every precaution to ensure that the terms and conditions are current for all our suppliers.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAI (Personal Accident Insurance)
Value Added Tax at 14%
Carbon Emissions Tax
|Windscreen and tyre insurance||R60 per day|
|Additional Driver charge||R303.00 per rental, per driver|
|Young Driver surcharge||R242.00 per day, per driver|
|Baby seats||R363.00 per rental|
|One way drop off charges within South Africa||R963.00|
|Traffic Fine Handling Fee||R230.00|
|Claim Handling Fee||R726.00|
|Garmin GPS Unit||R96.00|
|Delivery/Collection Fees||R 363.00 within 25km radius from nearest office – 25km+ R13.00 per km thereafter.|
|After hour Delivery/Collection Fee||R 605.00 within 25km radius from nearest office – 25km+ R13.00 per km thereafter.|
One Ways fees applicable to rentals terminating in excess of 150km – R 875.00 within SA
|RSA to Swaziland||R 1210|
|RSA to Botswana||R 1815|
|RSA to Namibia||R 6050|
|RSA to Lesotho||R 1210|
|Namibia to RSA||N$ 6050|
|Namibia to Botswana||N$ 6050|
CROSS BORDER TRAVEL
A non-refundable fee of will be levied for all vehicles crossing boarders:
Cross border charges (NON-REFUNDABLE AMOUNTS):
|Mozambique, Zambia & Zimbabwe||R2420.00 (Access to Zimbabwe via Botswana only)|
An additional excess of R7 500.00 applies on all rentals (regardless of which rate applies to the rental) where the accident has occurred in Mozambique or Zambia.
SECURITY AUTHORIZATION – A security deposit will be authorized on your credit card at the beginning of the rental.
Classic (Standard) cover – Excess amount plus R 1500.00 security deposit
Classic Plus (Super) cover – Excess amount plus security deposit R 1500 (SA or African passport holders Excess plus R 1500 security)
Full rental amount is billed upfront
DAMAGE AND LOSS WAIVERS
1. Damage and Loss Waivers are included in the product. Please refer to rate grids for details of exactly what is included and excluded for each product.
2. Waivers must not be regarded as insurance. When waivers are purchased (generally included in the rates) the Car Rental right to recover the total damage or loss amount is waived or partially waived.
3. It is essential that The Car Rental is advised of which option the client has purchased at the time of reservation.
1. Where damage to a vehicle is caused by the renter and no other vehicle is involved, exceptions liability will apply.
2. If The Car Rental deems the renter has driven or acted negligently the renter shall be liable for the full value of any damage, loss, towing or storage.
3. The renter shall be liable for any costs relating to undercarriage and water damage as neither item is covered under the damage and loss waivers.
The Car Rental shall not be liable for any damage or loss, whether direct or indirect, arising out of any defect in or mechanical failure or the safety of the VEHICLE or the driving or use thereof or caused by any fault of ours, our agents or our servants, nor for any indirect loss, consequential damages, loss of profits or special damages arising out of any of the a foregoing and for any breach by us of this agreement. No warranties as to the condition, state of repair, performance capabilities, year of manufacture, odometer reading or anything else concerning the VEHICLE are given by us.
PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE
1. Unless otherwise specified, Personal Accident Insurance (PAI) is included in the product.
2. All occupants in the rental vehicle are collectively covered for death and disability up to a maximum of ZAR 25 000 and medical expenses up to ZAR 2 500 per incident.
3. All PAI claims will be directed to the insurer, Regent Insurance Company Ltd, Car Rental acts as the insurer's agent and will not be liable in any way in connection with the insurance covered by them.
THIRD PARTY INSURANCE/CLAIMS
For purposes of this clause, third party claims refers to any claims by a third party in respect of damage or loss that you may cause to any other vehicle or property.
1. When an accident occurs and a third party is involved (regardless of fault) the following information is required. If this information is not accurate or detailed, all cover may be negated –
either a Passport or ID Card (South African residents)
contact telephone number (land line and mobile, where available)
e-mail address (if possible)
the location of the police station where the accident was reported, including the telephone number
Police Case Number
if insured, the name of the underwriter and the policy number (if possible)
full and accurate description of the accident with an explanatory sketch
copy of the renter’s driver’s license
If for any reason it is found the details provided are not truthful or fraudulent cover will be negated and the renter will be liable for all damages and associated costs.
2. Third Party costs may be billed up to three years after the incident and can take up to five years to recover.
3. If an excess is applicable this will be billed to the renter regardless of fault. This excess will only be refunded if The Car Rental claim against the third party is successfully recovered and payment has been received in our bank account.
ACCIDENT OR THEFT
In the event or accident or theft the renter must –
1. contact Car Rental immediately
2. make a full report at the nearest Police Station within 24 hours where an accident has occurred and within 6 hours in case of theft. A Police Case Number must be obtained
Renters are not permitted to replace or repair any vehicle parts unless authorised by Car Rental in writing.
In the event of loss or damage the Car Rental reserves the right to bill the renter for such loss or damage regardless of whether or not the renter has signed the post inspection or claim form.