You have only heard about the Big 5 of South Africa yet? At the same time, you can have seven of them, and all in one spot! Just come to Around About Cars, hire a vehicle and drive around in Cape Town to see the most popular sights and attractions within closest vicinity!
To not leave you on your own with creating the perfect route, take our recommendation on how to pack the day full with thrilling excitement, scenic beauty and living history.
- Start off with a trip to Table Mountain. As to the upcoming winter, there will be no queue at the cable station, and within a few minutes an overview of the whole city as well as the sweeping Ocean will leave you almost breathless …Of course, hopefully not too much so, as you have to go on! Next station:
- V&A Waterfront! Here you can park your rented car in one of the many secure parkades and shop souvenirs for all the friends and family members who had to stay at home. After that, take a walk to the other side of the harbour. Right in front of the clock tower, the ferry for…
- Robben Island awaits you. After the stunning views and the modern shopping experience you already enjoyed this morning, take a ride back into history and have a look at Mandela’s cell on the most famous prison of South Africa in former times. A competent guide will guide you and make you feel history come alive.
- Time to get into the car again and have some lunch and relaxation! So make your way from the Waterfront to Groot Constantia. The oldest wine producing estate in the whole of the country was founded in 1685 and stands for the Cape Dutch architecture of the 17th century. Apart from award-winning wines, you can enjoy delicious small meals under old oak trees or have a look at latest art in the modern gallery or ancient paintings in the museum.
- Only half the day is left for the next three of the big seven, so hurry .. 🙂 ! Kirstenbosch is the destination of your choice – the botanical gardens are so famous that your rented vehicle will find the way on its own! Unfortunately, you have to cut the walk within the majestic vegetation and the picturesque little lakes and places you could rest and have a picnic at, as
- Cape Point is next on the list! But don’t worry, you are half way there already. Drive further South, and finally enter one of the world’s most famous nature reserves and the second most southern point of South Africa! You will definitely see the country’s well-known fynbos, with some luck an old big tortois, and depending on your braveness you might wish to get close to a baboon – or rahter not. If you do, watch out: They will steal whatever you carry loose, cameras as well as bananas!
- Time to end the day with a walk through the city center and finally a dlicious dinner in onbe of the vibrant restaurants in the heart of the town. The mulitultural inhabitants are always in a good mood and will make you want to have a long night, even if you might feel tired after this day full of memorable impressions.
Ok – reading through it once more: Rather extend your stay in Cape Town, hire the Around About Cars vehicle for at least three days and take more time for the BIG 7. Not having had enough even by then? No problem – one of the 4x4s will guarantee a comfortable trip along the Garden Route and into the Kruger National Park or other safari destinations where you can watch out for the living BIG 5!