- 14% VAT (Value Added Tax) in South Africa and 15% in Namibia
- Standard Excess Insurance Cover (R/N$45 000 excess)
- Administration and Credit Card fees
- Unlimited kilometres for all vehicle types
- Living, Kitchen and & sleeping equipment
- 2 x Additional driver
- Dual “Long Range” Fuel tanks Except Toyota Fortuner, certain Landcruisers and Trax
- Closed canopy or tinted side and back windows
- Off Road tyres
- 2nd spare tyre Except Fortuner, Certain Landcruisers and Trax
- Air Compressor
- Bull Bars in front of vehicle (Vehicle protection)
- Vehicle cleaning & grooming fee
- Nationwide 24/7 road side assistance & phone help-line
- Fold Out Maps on applicable Southern Africa country visiting.
- Free transfers between depot and Airport or City Hotel (within 25km radius to depot) at pick up and drop off
Minimum Rental Duration and Costings:
Minimum rental period: 7 days. Vehicle rentals are calculated on a per calendar day basis, i.e. day of pick-up or drop off is always counted as a full day irrespective of what time it is collected or dropped off.
- Hires over 50-74 days 5% Discount on 28-49 Day Rate.
- Hires over 75-99 days 10% Discount on 28-49 Day Rate.
- Hires 100 days plus 15% Discount on 28-49 Day Rate.
Rental Locations (Vehicle collection & return)
South Africa: Johannesburg, Cape Town
Alternatives:South Africa: Durban, East London, Port Elizaberth, George
Namibia: Swakopmund, Walvis Bay
Botswana: Gaborone, Maun, Kasane
Zimbabwe: Victoria Falls, Harare
Mozambique: Maputo, Vilanculous
Office Hours: Rental Locations
|Monday to Friday:||08:00 - 16:30|
|08:00 - 13:00|
After Hour Surcharge: R500 for
Saturday 13:00 - 16:00
Sundays and Public Holidays 08:00 - 16:00
(Late returns will be charged on a per day basis)
All branches are closed Christmas Day.
Collection of vehicle will take approx. 2-3 hours, depending on the questions asked and client feedback. This involves a thorough explanation and demonstration of the vehicle and its equipment.
Please note: Should there be any problems with the vehicle whilst in your care, please advise KEA within 24 hours. We will not be held liable or compensate for any time lost if the problem is only reported to us on drop off.
When bringing the vehicle back, half an hour should be set aside in order for vehicle / equipment to be checked. All vehicles must be returned with a full fuel tank. Refuelling at our depot will be levied with an Admin fee. Vehicles should be returned clean, in order for the vehicle check in to be done. An excessively dirty vehicle will be charged a cleaning fee of R/N$1000.00.
One Way Rental Fee
For all one way hires within South Africa (JHB & CPT) a one way fee of R/N$ 3,500.00 is applicable. A one way fee of R/N$ 4,500.00 applies for all cross border one way hires (to Namibia - Windhoek and reverse). A one way fee of R/N$ 6,500.00 applies for cross border one way hires to Maun – Botswana and reverse. Other one way fees advised on request
Licence and Minimum Age
A valid national driver licence is required. Non-English language national driving licences must be presented in conjunction with an official translation or valid international drivers licence. The minimum age is 21 years Maximum 85. A Handling Fee of R250.00 shall be charged on all traffic fines.
For all pick and returns in Johannesburg R150 will be billed
Standard Excess Policy
All KEA Campers vehicles come with comprehensive insurance cover. A standard excess of R/N$ 45,000.00 applies in the event of any damage to either our vehicle or third party property. The renter will also be fully liable for replacing or repairing damaged windscreens and tyres. A security bond of R/N$ 45,000.00 will be taken on vehicle collection. The security bond can be paid by traveller cheque or credit card. Should the bond be paid by credit card the amount will be authorized with the bank, and will not be available until the return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date, with no damage incurred to the KEA Campers vehicle or third party property and the toilet cassette has been emptied and no items are lost or damaged.
KEA Campers offer an All inclusive Rate to reduce or waive the Standard Excess:
All Inclusive Rate An All Inclusive Rate at R/N$ 280.00 per day will waive the excess for any vehicle and third party property damage and the cost of replacing or repairing of windscreens / glass, tyres (including repairs), radio theft and recovery costs. A security deposit of R /N$ 2500.00 is payable at the time of pickup to ensure that the vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on the agreed date in clean condition and with the fuel tanks filled up. For travel into the Okavango Delta, Moremi and Savuti areas in Botswana a holding deposit of ZAR / N$ 25, 000.00 is required due to the high water damage risk which is not covered by any of the KEA Waivers. This deposit will be released upon return of the KEA 4WD.
PLEASE NOTE THAT SINGLE VEHICLE ACCIDENT IS INCLUDED IN ALL INSURANCE OPTIONS, APPLICABLE EXCESS SHALL APPLY
Clutch replacement or damage due to client negligence is not covered with any of the insurance options. KEA allows an allowance of up to three days after vehicle collection where the costs are the responsibility of KEA. A handling fee of R/N$ 500.00 is charged on all accident damages irrespective of the insurance option taken.
The renter is fully liable for any damage to the Camper vehicle or third party property if:
- The terms of the rental contract are breached.
- Damages sustained whilst the renter/driver is in breach of any traffic laws or ordinances.
- Damage to the vehicle which is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving on restricted roads.
- Water submersion or salt water damage.
- The vehicle was driven in a country in which written approval was not obtained from KEA.
- Damage to undercarriage.
- Incorrect use of diff locks and/or transfer cases, i.e. driving on tar roads with diffs engaged.
- Snorkels fitted to the vehicles are to enhance airflow to the engine not for water driving
- A vehilce may not go through water that is higher than 30 cm in depth
Please Note: A replacement vehicle will only be dispatched once payment of all damages / recovery costs to the first vehicle is made. The rental company reserves the right to withhold a replacement vehicle; this does not entitle the client to any claims against the rental company.
By law all accidents must be reported to the rental company and the Local Police within 24hrs. Failing to report accidents voids all insurance cover and the Hirer becomes fully liable for all costs.
- If the rental vehicle is involved in an accident or is not driveable due to mechanical breakdown, a replacement vehicle may be collected from the closest branch.
- If the rental vehicle is involved in an accident or is not driveable due to mechanical breakdown, a replacement vehicle, may be collected from the closest branch.
- If the hirer requires a replacement vehicle to be delivered, then these charges will be for the hirers account.
- The hirer is responsible for the recovery of the damaged vehicle to the original rental branch.
- If the hirer is unable to take a replacement vehicle, no refunds for early termination of the contract will be considered.
- No refund of rental days lost will be considered during the period in which a replacement vehicle is being replaced.
- Should the hirer continue with a replacement vehicle then a new rental contract and insurance conditions will apply.
- Should a replacement be needed we will replace the vehicle within 24hrs in South Africa and 48 hrs outside of South Africa.
4WD vehciles are allowed to be driven on public bitumen / tar roads as well as on public recognized 4 x 4 tracks in Botswana, Mozambique (Up to Vilanculous only), Namibia, South Africa, Zambia (Up to Livingstone only) and Zimbabwe (Up to Harare only). Special permission is required from KEA Campers for travelling further than the areas mentioned and for use in other countries. If permission is granted by KEA Campers a disclaimer document needs to be signed by the client on pick up of his vehicle. No Entry allowed into Malawi and Tanzania. A one off cross border fee of R500.00 applies for cross border documentation into Botswana, Lesotho, Mocambique, Namibia, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Swaziland.
Repairs Repairs of up to R/N$ 1,000.00 may be affected without authorisation and will be reimbursed. Amounts above R/N$ 1,000.00 require approval from KEA on-road assistance.
Tyres The renter is responsible for the repairing of flat or puntured tyres. The renter should not exceed a speed of 100km/hr, as the tyre get too hot. When replacing tyre, please ensure that it is the same brand, size and ply rating as that of the damaged tyre. Reconditioned tyres are NOT acceptable. The renter is required to check tyre pressure including the spare tyre at regular intervals.
The hirer is liable for all fines and penalties in relation to the driver's use of the vehicle or the vehicle itself incurred during the rental period plus an administration fee of R/N$250 for each infringement or penalty notice that has been redirected by KEA to the hirer.
Cancellation Fees Fees in Percentage of Gross Rates if:
|25 days before pickup||=No Fee|
|24 days to 7 days before pickup||=25%|
|Less than 7 days||=50%|
If vehicle is returned early or collected late
Additional Equipment and charges
To be booked at time of reservation and payable on vehicle collection.
|Baby / Child Seat||=R/N$ 200 per hire|
|GPS||=R/N$ 50 per day - max R/N$ 750|
Satellite Phone / Mobile phones
Contract fee R100 per hire
Change of Vehicle
If, for reasons beyond our control, the reserved vehicle is not available, we reserve the right to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle at no extra cost to the client. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the renter to any form of refund.
All charges include 14% VAT in South Africa and 15% in Namibia. All rates and conditions are subject to change in accordance with changes in government taxes.
Any claims or legal action in connection with the provision of our services to the client will be governed by the laws of South Africa/Namibia. Any claim or legal action against the suppliers is likely to be subject to the terms and conditions of our contract with them.
Rates and conditions may be subject to change. Whilst including the same facilities, some campers may have different layouts to those shown. All measurements and volumes shown are approximate. The information provided is subject to change without notice.